Economist Diaries - About Collins
Collins, the UK's leading diary and stationery brand, is now the producer and distributor of the world-famous Economist Diaries. With over 200 years of experience Collins will strive to exceed your expectations on quality and service.
THE COLLINS STANDARD
Collins is renowned over the world for its high-quality products. Strict checks are in place to ensure we are continuously providing our customers with such standards. We also aim to be at the forefront of product innovations, ensuring our customers receive the latest products and designs before anyone else.
THE COLLINS HISTORY
Since William Collins first set up his printing press business in the ancient Candleriggs area of Glasgow, Scotland, the Collins brand has grown to become one of the most well-known and respected stationery brands in the industry. Collins became known as the diary craftsman for the Queen of England, and counted the Duke of Wellington among their associates. Now with over 200 years of experience in the industry, we are experts in all things Diary and Stationery.
Collins is a responsible company that cares about the environment. We acknowledge that our actions have an impact on the environment and we seek to understand and minimise these impacts. As a company we are committed to continually improving our environmental performance and to the prevention of pollution and the minimisation of resource use.
We are committed to meeting all applicable legal requirements and the full requirements of all other environmental related programmes to which we subscribe, such as FSC®(Forest Stewardship Council®) and PEFC™ Chain of Custody.
Our policy is, therefore, only to use raw materials from reputable, well established suppliers who are compliant with environmental legislation and procedures. As part of our commitment to the environment we are working towards achieving environmental certifications and having attained FSC® and PEFC™ COC certification (CU-PEFC-817661), to maintain and improve our chain of custody system.
Collins Environmental Policy - Key focus
All employees are expected to co-operate and assist in the implementation of this policy and ensure that their own actions, as far as possible and practical, are carried out without risk to themselves or their environment.
- We monitor our key resource consumption and are actively seeking to reduce these.
- We are seeking to minimise waste going to landfill.
- We will only source our paper-based products from reputable mills that operate a policy of obtaining pulp from well managed sources and are FSC or PEFC certified wherever possible.
- We require all suppliers to monitor and pursue continual improvement in environmental performance.
- We require all suppliers to be conducting environmental protection by complying to existing environmental legislation and regulations.
- We expect them to improve the efficiency of their resource consumption.
For any further information please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org