All copyright and other rights that subsist in the homepage and in the sub-domain pages of the website ("the Site") are owned by Collins Debden Ltd.
The Economist Diaries C/O Collins Debden, Suite 314, 9 George Square, Glasgow G2 1QQ, United Kingdom
Tel 0141 300 8576
Fax 0141 300 8600
Registered address: Alliotts, 13-21 High St, Guildford, Surrey GU1 3DL
Registered number: 02020029
In accessing and browsing the Site all users of the Site are deemed to accept the following terms and conditions of use:
1. Permitted Use
- Subject to the terms detailed below material from the Site may be downloaded, viewed, printed, copied on the hard disk of your computer (but not photocopied) and used for your own personal, non- commercial purposes as a personal information source in good faith ONLY. Any other type of use requires the prior written consent of Collins Debden Ltd.
- You agree that you will not use the Site:
- For the posting, uploading, emailing or other transmission of material which infringes the rights of any person or which is unlawful in any other respect,
- For the posting, uploading, emailing or other transmission of any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail", "spam", "chain letters", "pyramid schemes" or any other form of solicitation or commercial exploitation,
- For the posting, uploading, emailing or other transmission of any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, limit or compromise the integrity of any computer software or hardware,
- To create a database that includes material downloaded or otherwise obtained from the Site,
- To transmit or re-circulate any material obtained from the site to any third party,
- In any such way so as to remove the copyright or trademark notice(s) from any copies of any material made in accordance with these terms, or
- In any way that might bring Collins Debden Ltd into disrepute.
2. Rights Clearance
The legal ownership and any copyright or intellectual property rights in the site and its design, text and graphics, software and all other material on the Site shall belong to Collins Debden at all times, unless otherwise stated.
All trademarks and logos displayed on the site including, Collins, the fountain device, Collins Cathedral are either registered or unregistered trademarks of Collins Debden Ltd. No rights are guaranteed to use them without prior written permission from Collins Debden Ltd.
- Collins Debden Ltd cannot guarantee that your use of the Site will be free from error. It is the responsibility of users to check the accuracy of relevant facts and opinions given on the site before entering into any commitment based on them.
- On some pages of the Site users may be given the opportunity of entering into agreements with third parties. Collins Debden Ltd is not liable in relation to, and takes no responsibility for, any contract entered into by users with any third party.
- Unless stated, Collins Debden makes no warranty whatsoever as to any goods or services purchased or obtained or offered to you through use of the site, whether accessed directly or otherwise.
Some of the pages on the site include links to external websites. These links are included to give users the opportunity to access other pages that it is felt may be of assistance to them. Collins Debden is not responsible for the content of these internet sites.
5. Competition & Special Offers
Collins Debden Ltd may, from time to time, have competition, prize draws or other promotions and offers on the Site. These may be subject to additional terms and conditions that will be made known to you.
Whilst every effort has been taken to ensure that the pages of the site are free from viruses, Collins Debden gives no warranties that they are indeed free, users are responsible for ensuring that they have installed adequate virus checking software.
Collins Debden excludes, in so far as it is legally possible, all liability and responsibility (other than that arising out of the negligence of Collins Debden or its officers) for any virus or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of or compromise the integrity of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment or other material transmitted with or as part of:
- The pages on the Site or any other internet sites,
- Any material downloaded from the Site or any other internet sites.
7. Intellectual Property
The names, images and Collins logo and fountain device are all the proprietary marks of Collins Debden, and/ or may be the proprietary marks of third parties. Any use made of these marks may be an infringement of rights in those marks and Collins Debden reserves all rights to enforce such rights that it might have.
These terms may be varied from time to time. Please ensure that you review regularly as you will be deemed to have accepted a variation if you continue to use the site after any variation has been posted.
9. Data Protection
- Collins Debden will process your personal data in accordance with, data protection legislation.
- You hereby agree that the Registration Information (all updates of the Registration Information) and any other information sent to Collins Debden by you or otherwise obtained by Collins Debden about you (the personal data) may be processed by Collins Debden for the purposes of:
- Processing your request,
- Providing you with information by email or other means,
- Providing you with information about products and services of Collins Debden and other parties,
- Providing a personalised service,
- Maintaining accounts and records,
- Administration of membership records,
- Statistical analysis and conducting market research,
- Assessing and evaluating the use that is being made of the site, and
- Information and databank compilation and administration.
- From time to time we may want to notify you of other goods and services offered by Collins Debden. If you prefer not to receive such offers or details, or if you do not wish your Personal Data to be processed in the manner outlined above, please make this clear by sending an appropriately worded email to firstname.lastname@example.org
10. Making A Purchase
To purchase a product from our online shop simply browse our e-commerce website and click on any items that you may wish to buy and put them into a shopping cart. When you have completed your selection, click on "Order" and will be asked to supply various details to enable us to process your order. Please note: the order submitted by you for the purchase of Goods shall not be accepted until Collins Debden have confirmed receipt and acceptance of the offer to you by email. Please note, this email receipt will be automatically sent out to the email address provided, Collins Debden Ltd are not responsible for any rejected email order receipts due to Virus software.
11. Payment Options
We accept Visa, Visa Debit, Mastercard, American Express, Maestro and PayPal.
- The price will appear against each product, in the event of no price appearing it will be the price published in the current price list.
- The prices quoted on the product pages are exclusive of VAT. When you get to the online basket, and select the delivery address, VAT shall be added where appropriate.
- UK VAT will be charged on all orders, including those orders delivered outside of the EU.
- You shall be liable to pay our delivery charges which will vary depending on your total order value, please refer to the delivery section for a list of current charges.
- All charges must be paid prior to delivery. Legal ownership of the goods remains with Collins Debden until full payment has been received by us.
13. Discount Codes
- Discount Codes will only be accepted when they are entered at the time of order. Discounts will not be retroactively applied.
- Collins Debden reserves the right at any time, and from time to time, to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, Discount Codes with, or without, prior notice due to reasons outside its control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud). The decision of Collins Debden in all matters under its control is final and binding, and no correspondence will be entered into.
We normally despatch stock items within 3 business days for UK addresses & 8-10 business days for Overseas orders. Please note that import duty/taxes are payable in some countries, these are the responsibility of the recipient. If your item is not currently in stock, we will email you to offer alternatives or to provide the option to cancel. Collins Debden Ltd are not responsible for the loss of any items lost or damaged through delivery. If you do not receive your goods ordered by you within 15 days of the date on which they were despatched to you, Collins shall have no liability to you unless you notify Collins in writing at the Collins contact address within 40 days of the date on which the goods were despatched to you.
Post and Packaging charges are calculated at the time of purchase and vary as to the total order value and also country in which you are requesting delivery.
14. Credit Card Security
All credit card numbers are encrypted in the software when the order is placed using 128 bit encryption. They are only decrypted after they reach our computer. They are not held in clear text on any web site.
15. Returns Policy
We have a 15 days return policy. If 15 days have gone by since your item has been dispatched, unfortunately we are unable to offer you a refund or exchange.
To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that your received it. It must also be in the original packaging. Personalised goods are non-returnable.
When posting your order back to us, we recommend you return the goods by registered post so you have proof of postage. We are not liable for any parcels that go missing during transit.
Items should be returned to our customer service team with your Order Confirmation number to the address below:
The Economist Diaries C/O Collins Debden
9 George Square
Glasgow G2 1QQ
Refunds (If applicable)
Your refund will be processed once we are in receipt of the goods. We reserve the right to reuse a refund on an item that has not been returned. If you haven’t received a refund yet, first check your bank account again.
Then contact your credit card company as it may take some time before your refund is officially posted.
Next, contact your bank. There is often some processing time before a refund is posted.
If you’ve done all of this and you still have not received your refund yet, please contact us at email@example.com
All goods are guaranteed by Collins Debden against defect.
17. Our Contact Details
If you need to get in touch with us, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, alternatively call us at 0141 300 8500 or fax us on 0141 300 8600, or write to us at The Economist Diaries C/O Collins Debden, Suite 314, 9 George Square, Glasgow G2 1QQ, United Kingdom.